The RED Capital Group Summer Internship Program is a 9-week program used to develop talent and provide exposure to the commercial mortgage industry through a structured program of established curricula, on-the-job analyst training and mini-rotations in various originations support business units.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
Each intern has an analyst and originator who will support them throughout the program. During the 9-week Summer Internship Program, interns will receive exposure, hands-on training, and the analytical knowledge needed to help support the commercial mortgage loan process, including the following:
- Understanding of the loan process, from originations to post-closing
- Preliminary financial analysis for new construction and refinanced commercial housing deals
- Multi-family loan origination valuation approaches, including discounted cash flows, capitalization rates, cost, and sales comparable
- Participation in client-facing activities, including borrower conference calls and local site visits for construction projects
- Insights into risks and mitigants, including LTV, Letters of Credit, market conditions, exit strategies, interest rates and property quality
- Processing of interest rate reduction analysis on active loans
- Exposure to bond documents and flow of funds
- Job shadowing with the trade desk, underwriting, construction administration and loan processing support teams
- Lunch & learns delivered by RED leaders on important industry topics
In addition to a robust on-the-job training experience, RED interns will receiving ongoing feedback and development from our top-notch originations team. And how about some FUN and team building along the way? We enjoy treating our interns to a “job well done” with a few perks such as team breakfasts, baseball games and intern team lunches with our CEO– just to name a few. And with a passion for giving back to our community, our interns will have the unique opportunity to participate in volunteer opportunities for local charitable organizations. Our goal is to offer a well-rounded experience to our interns, and to provide them with applicable tools that can be applied in the classroom and beyond!
WHO ARE WE RECRUITING?
- Current undergraduate students who are entering into their junior or senior year of college
- Applicable undergraduate majors include finance, real estate or related field of study
- Graduate students with a business curriculum, MBA or related field of study
- All summer interns should have Excel proficiency and a strong interest in commercial real estate
For more information and to see available job postings, visit https://orix.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/ohiocollegerecruiting.